- Free and open to the public, often kid-friendly. See offerings below.
- Visit my Facebook page for upcoming dates and to RSVP.
- More in-depth, one-on-one or small group, tailored writing and drawing instruction
- Suggested donations vary and are sliding scale.
- Contact me for more information and to schedule yours.
Please contact me with any questions.
"Natalie has a well-balanced combination of knowledge and sensitivity toward nature along with a lovely centeredness. I know I can speak for the others in saying I felt welcomed into the beautiful space of the James with other like-minded folks. We meditated, explored, journaled, and shared. Looking forward to the next one!"
- Michele R.
mindful hikes + trail runs
This workshop begins with a guided nature hike or trail run and (seasonal) river dip followed by a mindfulness meditation. Why running? It's often easier to slow down after we speed up for a bit.
This free workshop is offered in partnership with the James River Park System. It combines mindfulness meditation and ecological observation with independent reflection and expression.
Kids' Nature Journal Creation
This free workshop is offered in partnership with the James River Park System. It uses art and science to help kids tune into the natural world with playful curiosity. The only limit is their imagination.
This workshop teaches you to focus on a part of nature that captivates, hone your observation skills, and practice accurately translating this inspiration to the page.